|Fr. Éamann Cahill
4, The Lawn, Finglas, Dublin 11
Ph. 01 8341000; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation for Parish of the Annunciation
Good news at last! Thankfully we are now allowed to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation in July. All our ceremonies will take place in St. Canice’s church. There will be 8 ceremonies to ensure the safety of all. With so many ceremonies planned, God’s Holy Spirit will be very busy.
You will have been given the following dates and times by your school:
Tuesday 13th July: St. Brigid’s SGNS
2pm for class of 2020
4pm for class of 2021
As we are required to adhere to government guidelines, please note the following:
- A maximum of 100 people is permitted in the church. This means that each child will be allowed to have 2 people with them on the day.
- If the child’s sponsor is not one of the 2 chosen to go to the church, a parent can take the role of sponsor during the ceremony. The sponsor’s name will still be entered in the church records, even if they are not in the church.
- You will be assigned your seat in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- A member of the teaching staff from your school will show you to your seat on the day.
- All adults will be required to wear a face mask in the church (unless medically exempt).
- Everyone will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival at the church.
- The children will not need to bring anything with them on the day – the school will already have the required information, such as Confirmation name and sponsor’s name.
- The ceremony will be relayed live on St. Canice’s website. No photography during ceremony. In consideration for the safety of all, there should be no gatherings outside the church.
The above is necessary but most important is our prayer for the coming of God’s Holy Spirit into the lives, hearts and minds of our young Christians. Come, Holy Spirit, come.
With every blessing on your home and family.
Dated: 21st June 2021
Fr. Éamann Cahill p.p.